Cherry clafoutis is one of the easiest French food to prepare.
A clafoutis is basically made with sweet cherries (Burlat from Mont-Ventoux in France) in a vanilla custard-like cake. It can be a really thick and firm custard, or a soft and smooth custard like in this recipe. The recipe I'm sharing with you today comes from well-known French chef, Guy savoy.
The official recipe is made in a clafoutis baking dish like on the picture on the left. Personally, I think it is too big, so I decided to adapt this recipe with a bite-sized cherry clafoutis recipe based on Guy Savoy's recipe.
I added 1/2 egg more to have a thicker clafoutis that would better hold his shape.
Watch the video live from the kitchen of Guy Savoy. It's in French but worth to watch it!
Don't have time to bake now?
Click the red Pinterest button on this page to save this photo (and the recipe below) for later!
[RECIPE] Mini cherry Clafoutis
Bite-sized cherry clafoutis.
YIELD: 12 mini clafoutis
Prep TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
- 1.5 lb (600g) fresh sweet cherries, stem removed, rinsed and dried with a paper towel (don't remove the pits), basically you'll need 36 cherries + some more to eat right away :)
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 1.40oz (40g) sugar + 0.35oz (10g) for the muffin pan
- 1.8oz (50g) almond flour
- 0.87oz (25g) corn flour
- 5.3oz (150g) sour cream
- 1.77oz (50g) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean)
- 1 tbsp (15g) butter, melted
Muffin Pan 12 cups x1, pastry brush x1, small bowls x6, medium mixing bowl x1, tablespoon x1, digital kitchen scale x1, whisk x1, silicone spatula x1 (+ Convection Oven)
- Weigh and prepare the ingredients one by one in small bowls as listed above.
- Preheat the oven to 320F (160C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the almond flour, corn flour, sour cream, whole milk and vanilla extract one at a time, and whisk until smooth between each ingredient.
- Take your muffin pan and butter each of the 12 cups, then dust with some sugar.
- Put 3 cherries in each cup, pour the batter on top of the cherries until 3/4 full (about 1.1oz, 30g in each cup).
- With a pastry brush, slightly butter the cherries and top of the uncooked clafoutis.
- Cook in the oven (convection) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of the clafoutis while still hot. Use a silicone spatula to take them out of the pan.
SEXY TIP N°1
The clafoutis is fully cooked when a sharp knife inserted into the clafoutis comes out clean (without big quantities of batter).
SEXY TIP N°2
The bigger the size of the baking dish, the longer the baking time.
Made with love and cherries 🍒 ©Virginie Consort elleetgourmande.com