An easy, fresh and healthy summer gazpacho recipe full of tomato, cucumber and watermelon goodness, and why your friends are going to be impressed. A unique recipe brought to you by french foodpreneur Virginie.
Bonjour Food lovers!
And I'm in Los Angeles. Can you believe it ?
One of my wildest dream was to live in California. And now I'm here. I'm in Cali.
I love, love, love the californian lifestyle, and I have the feeling that I'm back home.
But wait, I'm French.
Spending the summer between family in Alsace, France and my new home in California gave me plenty of time to think about my future business.
And I've prepared some exciting things for you in the coming weeks.
The first new event is the Live Questions & Answers I will be holding on Periscope. Periscope is a LIVE online streaming App. Download the App on your phone, sign in and connect to @elleetgourmande. Be ready to write your questions related to this recipe. I'm going to answer your questions live ! I'm sooo excited. The first live Q&A will be held Monday, September at 28th at 1pm PDT, 10 pm CEST. Check the Time Zone Converter for your city.
But first, let's talk Gazpacho recipe, baby !
5 facts about Gazpacho recipes that will impress your friends
Gazpacho is the perfect summer recipe and here's why you should give it a try.
A gazpacho is easy to prepare
Chop - mix - strain - season - eat
Now you'll have more time to watch the last episode of Scandal.
A gazpacho is healthy
Look at all those beauties, delivering good vitamins and minerals straight to your body.
If you're thinking to eat more raw veggies, but don't know how to begin, this recipe is for you.
A gazpacho is versatile
I love this one. The base ingredients are tomatoes, vibrant red and almost over riped tomato, with full of aromas.
The ratio to keep in mind is 2/3 tomatoes and 1/3 of other veggies or fruits. Cucumber adds a little bit more freshness, watermelon adds this delicate and elegant fruitiness/sweetness.
A gazpacho has low calories
This is the sexiest part because Gazpachos are very low in fat.
Unless you add the whole bottle of olive oil.
Remember that olive oil is mandatory. It helps emulsify the blend, gives some smooth texture and enhances the fragrances.
A gazpacho can be made ahead
From 1 hour to 1 day before, prepare the gazpacho before your friends arrive, so you won't look like a desperate housewive running like a chick in the kitchen. And the flavours will have plenty of time to thrive.
You want to eat it right away ? That's fine too, because the tomatoes have already marinated in the garlic-y olive oil.
[Video] : How to cut a big watermelon
In this video, I'll show you how to easily cut small slices of a big watermelon without having to run to the Emergency room!
[RECIPE] Fresh Tomato, Cucumber and Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
An easy, fresh and healthy summer gazpacho recipe full of goodness
YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6g garlic, peeled, germ removed, crushed
- 830g vine tomatoes, washed, dried & coarsely chopped
- 450g cherry tomatoes, washed, dried & coarsely chopped
- 300g watermelon, washed and dried
- 200g red bell pepper, washed and dried
- 150g english cucumber, washed and dried
- 1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- decoration : basil, croutons, crème fraîche
- Prep all the ingredients as mentioned in the list above.
- In a big bowl, add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir
- Add all the chopped tomatoes and stir
- While the tomatoes are marinating in the galic-y olive oil, prep the rest of the ingredients as follows :
- Wash, peel, cut and remove the seeds of the watermelon. Coarsely chop the red bell pepper. Peel, remove the seeds and coarsely chop the cucumber. Add fruits and veggies to the tomatoes and stir
- Add balsamic vinegar
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth
- Strain the soup into a deep bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Serve chilled
SEXY TIP n°1
Marinating the tomatoes in the garlic-y olive oil will make the tomato flavour taste stronger, and add some lovely garlic touch
SEXY TIP n°2
Did you know that winemakers press the grapes very slowly to obtain a grape juice without bad smell ? That's why I would recommend to start blending the gazpacho slowly and increase progressively until high speed.
SEXY TIP n°3
Don't add any kind of onions, they don't like to be mixed and you'll have a strong modified onion flavour.
SEXY TIP n°4 :
Add some roasted pine nuts for crispiness.
Made with love ©Virginie Consort elleetgourmande.com